Tuesday, June 04, 2013

#blogjune 2013 Day 4: In which I begin my Drupal course online

I logged on to begin my online course in Drupal today.  The LMS is a familiar interface - the same we use at MPOW.  Looks like my colleagues and I are the only participants outside of the US/Canada.

I first heard about Drupal back in 2009 or so when we were reviewing our website, looking for a suitable CMS to manage our pages. In 2010 I went to VALA (a library conference in Melbourne) where there were quite a few presentations/workshops related to Drupal.

I really like the flexibility and open nature of the beast.

So far the course has been easy to work through and I'm looking forward to mucking about under the hood of my sample website.

Hi, my name is Penny and I'm a geek that finds this stuff fun.


Also, thanks to Claire...


Penny's Dewey Decimal Section:
699 [Unassigned]
Penny = 65445 = 654+45 = 699

Class:
600 Technology

Contains:
Health, agriculture, management, public relations, buildings.

What it says about you:
You are creative and inspired to make the world a better place. You can work hard on something when it catches your interest. Your friends have unique interests in common with you.
Find your Dewey Decimal Section at Spacefem.com

2 comments:

  1. It's always fun messing under the hood...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay that appealed to me, nice work Claire. :-) Enjoy mucking in and having fun under the hood with drupal. I am quite liking that pink wig, might have to get me one lol

    ReplyDelete