Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 5 #blog12daysxmas In Which Purchases Are Made With Christmas Money

Santa kindly bought us "pictures of the Queen" or to be more exact, "pictures of Ernest Rutherford", (aka money) so we popped out today to exchange them for some Items of Desirability.

Christmas Presents

I bought myself a mug that I liked. ;) I also got a new ice cream scoop since I broke the old one last night serving up home made strawberry cheesecake ice cream. This one looks nice and sturdy. I also discovered that St Lukes has a little chocolate stall place (near Starbucks) that sells Schoc chocolate - a chocolatier that I have great admiration for. 

Christmas Presents

I was given this Annabel Langbein book for Christmas too, so a nice little foodie haul here in this photo.

We also made arrangements to purchase a Big Girl's Bed (to be delivered after January 10).  Yes, my baby is finally moving from the toddler bed into something more suitable for a growing girl. *sob* She turns 4 on the 7th. 

I did not, however, manage to find a swim suit.  I suppose it was a bit optimistic of me to think I could walk into a store and find one I liked. I like one piece suits and found one store that had nice ones but I had to walk away.  Call me Scrooge but I can't bring myself to pay NZ$229.00 for a pair of togs!

7 comments:

  1. oh I love that cup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was alostempted by the AL cookbook but not sure ....

    Listen, my "baby" is 15 and I'm struggling to let go of him!

    And I would also not be paying that much for togs - but then I'd be shopping at the Red Shed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron gave me a Keep Calm mug for Christmas but mine is an enamel white one, with red writing. It matches the Keep Calm gelaskin I currently have on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that mug too!

    bathers shopping is the worst isn't it! Often I cave and pay too much by the time I find something I can fit and that suits me and is 1 piece! So I admire you for walking away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gorgeous scoop reminded me of the pooper scooper that my mum gave my sister for Christmas lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice little haul you have there. And how about you make your own togs? I'm sure you could make them better and way cheaper than what you've found in the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:46 pm

    Love the mug too!

    Have you looked for swimmers online? Found great brand in Japan for me and have been buying them online ever since.

    ReplyDelete