Sunday, November 07, 2010

In which camping is done among other things

Photo of me wearing the beret I felted. This is my first attempt at a 3D object and it worked out quite good though I did have a few near disasters happen. All good learning!


We camped at Tawharanui over Labour Weekend. The weather was gorgeous and we had a prime spot in the campground too. DH took around 350 photos (most of which will be deleted) so he was pretty happy about that. There were some dotterel pairs on the beach which featured strongly on his memory card but also the sunset/sunrise scenes too.  You can see some of his efforts on his Flickr.


The children love camping.  They also like playing Angry Birds on the iPad.


We spent a bit of time looking around the rock pools and seeing the sea life there.  It's a marine reserve so there is quite a bit of interesting stuff there.


Even though we're camping it still seems that someone likes to visit Mum & Dad's bed!


This one tends to roll off the bed in the night.


Back home I went to another felting class this past week to learn how to make bags.  These were the sample ones the teacher had on display.  I really liked the red one.


These were the bags our class made.  We ran out of time to make the cords for the handles so I still need to do that.

This is a closer look at my one.


With the flap opened.  It has a little pocket inside for a cell phone.

I'm really enjoying the felting thing.

Yesterday I went to a Stampin' Up! Extravaganza and made some very cool things. :)  It was nice to get into paper craft again - I've done so little of it these past months.


I have also been sewing - it always annoys me how much I underestimate how long a sewing project will take! Anyway, done now. More planned. Just need time.

11 comments:

  1. Nice, nice, nice! I agree about a sewing project taking longer than you think. Did you buy that ornament punch from SU? It's very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very creative Penny. Love the dress you made, loving the style is it easy for a novice like me? I love how Miss L has a matchy matchy skirt.

    I can see your passion is felting loved looking at your bag and the other students.

    Your stampin up day projects are very cool, sounds like it was very inspiring.

    I loved looking at ya camping photos, I love the one of Miss L and the I pad, it was the legs crossed and the intense concentration I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute in your matching outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:47 am

    Yep, sewing is NEVER as quick as you think it's going to be...

    You've been very busy Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a really fun weekend! I love that camping ground, it's such an amazing place and I have wonderful memories of youth group camps there :-)
    Loving all your creations as well, the hat is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice projects ... you've got me wanting to do some felting classes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is where I am naughty ... I thought I had left a comment here - but it must have been on your facebook pics! ;-)
    Love your pics and you are so clever with your felting. Bag is awesome!
    I am grinning at the pic of Miss L sitting with her legs crossdc using the iPad :-) so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic. I wish there was a place nearby where I could access such creative classes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok I get where you are going on your camping trip, sounds fun. Did you get rid of your old camping stuff? See you next week have a great weekend. best camping cookware

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unlike conventional trail hiking, a lot more education and gear for comfort, safety and utility is demanded by mountain hiking. Camping

    ReplyDelete