Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Monday, July 30, 2007
Small Boy was intrigued by the thermal activity. "We saw the boiling mud! It was boiling!", he told my parents who joined us. He inspected each pool and hole at Kuirau Park and took a deep sniff each time to "smell the steam".
We visited Paradise Valley Springs on Saturday while DH and my Dad went to Orakei-Korako. The wallaby and the trout were the only creatures he would touch or feed. I suggested we catch a trout for our lunch, but he rightly pointed out, "But Mummy, we need a fish stick!".
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Each morning before your sleep you like to drink a little milk. I enjoy this particular time as I relax and enjoy an island of calm in our busy day.
I was going to write a poem about it and I think I still will, but I need some time to muse about the words first.
Monday, July 23, 2007
DS: What's K for?
Me: ummm... K is for king and for Kelly [his swimming teacher]
DS: What's for garage?
Me: G. G is for garage.
Me: T is for....
DS: Tim! *giggles*
Me: What's Mummy's name?
Me: P is for Penny. What's Daddy's name?
Me: *cracks up*
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Got any special ones you recommend? Leave a linky in the comments and I'll collate them and make a section on my side bar for them so I don't lose track of where they are.
Here are some that I like:
Scrapjazz post about brushes
BTW - for some reason I'm having difficulty leaving comments on Wordpress blogs. It might just be my laptop/Firefox... so I am reading and trying to share the love but it's a bit sporadic!!
Thursday, July 19, 2007
However, Small Girl is now 6 months so I thought I'd better record it. She is sitting up well and is working on her top 2 teeth. Won't be long and she'll be crawling judging by her tummy time behaviour these days.
I must get out to some better venue than my lounge and my dodgy black back drop....
Monday, July 16, 2007
My roommate and I once: ate a "midnight feast" which consisted on pickled onions, chips and licorice bullet lollies. eeeuw!
Monday, July 09, 2007
I've been throughly spoiled this birthday. Not only did I get my highly-desired-above-all-others cake mixer in Empire Red, but I also was given this by my folks....
Yep... that's a Cuttlebug (+ 2 dies and 2 embossing plates). I was totally surprised about this one. I hadn't asked for it because it seemed a bit OTT to ask for. It was on the wishlist for 20 years down the track. So it was a beautiful surprise.
And... my friend gave me a voucher for Shop'n'Crop; someone else gave me chocolate (mmmm).
I am the most spoiled birthday person. Hope I don't sound too mercenary- I'm just really stoked about it all! . DH made me a card using PSE and one of his photos. The words he put in the card made me cry --> in a good way. ;-)
I've made my birthday cake with the mixer and now I am going to order some goodies so I can play with my Cuttlebug. Small Boy has been also delighted with my gifts and has been haranguing me to use this so he can "help" me.
Turning 34 has been pretty exciting! :-)
Monday, July 02, 2007
1. Children's clothes - I think since I've got kids and make layouts for them, I tend to see inspiration in the designs and colours. Related to this point - fabric stores.
2. Interior decorating stores - particularly the fusion stuff that we're seeing these days. It appeals to me.
3. Fruit, veges, plants, flowers, the beach etc - I like looking at what nature puts together and how.
4. Old houses like Highwic, Alberton and Katherine Mansfield's Birthplace. I like to touch the walls and think of the life people lived there. How people played in the gardens, made love in the bedrooms, conceived their children and maybe even died there. How the kitchens once buzzed with activity. Cooks laying out their ingredients for making jam from the fruit they got from the garden.
5. Universities. I feel most comfortable in academia and get a "buzz" from learning. Related to this point - museums, libraries and their collections. I'm the one who can spend ages looking at beetles pinned on to polystyrene! I love the smell of the stacks in the library. I could spend a happy morning pulling out files at a herbarium to look at their contents.
6. The written word - novels, poetry, my Bible, even blogs have a place inspiring me.