Monday, June 11, 2007

She's going to hate me...

... when she grows up. I made myself a red winter skirt after hunting the shops for something I liked and not finding it. Giving up in disgust I went to Spotlight and found some nice wool cashmere poly-something-or-other mix. It was expensive but fortunately I didn't need too much just for a skirt. I got enough to make a little dress for DD as well.

"Mother and Daughter matching clothes! That's so 70's!" I can hear the cries of a teenage daughter already. I am making the most of the chance I have now to dress her how I like.

I got some felt and wool to do the decorations so now I feel more confident about decorating Mel's bags I'm giving to my sister and SIL for their birthdays in September.

5 comments:

  1. I want to see the obligatory photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:28 pm

    OMG, 70's is right!! My mother used to do that!!! There are lots of photos of her and I wearing matching dresses!! But that little red dress is VERY cute ... as long as you don't wear them at the same time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:00 pm

    LOL you know all these trends come around again ... by the time she's a teenager maybe she'll be ASKING you for matching outfits ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE RED! You are so clever. I do not sew at all and I often wish I could as I like slightly quirky clothes that I can never seem to find. I love what you've made- and the matching thing is very cool (don't let anyone say otherwise!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. soooo cute! I wish I had your flair with a sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete