Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Mysterious Box


Present

DH came home the other day and instead of coming directly into the kitchen to the fridge (like normal) he went down to the garage. I wondered what he was doing but thought he might have some work tools to unload. Instead he comes and sheepishly says, "There is a parcel in the spare room. Don't open it. I tried to find a safe place in the garage for it but couldn't, so it's up here. It's your birthday present."

Knock me over with a feather! My birthday isn't until July so he has been super efficient! I had been teasing him about remembering it and obviously he has taken it to heart.

The brown paper is too opaque and I can't see what's inside it. RATS!

(I have my suspicions though. Do you think a red Kitchen Aid cake mixer is about the right size? I hope so.)

Apparently he has informed all our families what it is because it has been known for me to get duplicate presents. Which is why I have 2 wheel barrows.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:06 pm

    you're seriously not going to wait till July are you?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:27 pm

    a girl can never have to many wheelbarrows :-). Are you allowed to shake it, just to make sure there are no broken bits? July is a long way off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:05 pm

    How the heck are you supposed to ignore that huge box until JULY?!?! How unfair!! Still, gives you plenty of time to guess what might be inside ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love red kitchen appliances- if you get 2 can I have one! LOL!

    (It's my birthday on Saturday - DH hasn't mentioned anything about THE PRESENT. I am worried - usually I know what I'm getting.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:57 pm

    Wow the restraint you must have to leave it there till July.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - hard to resist a peek :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:19 pm

    ooooh, the suspense!

    good on your dh for getting it so far in advance though. :)

    LOL about 2 wheelbarrows. hee, hee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL - hope it's one of what you want - saw one the other day & started eyeing it up - since dh has broken our mixer bowl - AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:02 pm

    Ooh, I can't handle surprises... let me open it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a tease!!! Seriously you have to open it very carefully and retape afterwards! rofl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, no, the suspense would kill me. I just couldn't wait, I'm sorry, but I'd be ripping into that beauty. Is it heavy? What about checking about credit card/bank accounts (can you tell I don't like surprises?!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, it's too tempting. Are you allowed to pick it up & see if it seems the right weight?
    I would be tempted to say 'I hope it's a ...' so he has time to change it if it's not!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:38 pm

    Serious?? You must wait until July before you OPEN it???
    Should I say happy birthday now??? Or sing happy birthday ... so you can open it?

    ReplyDelete