Thursday, February 15, 2007

Steam Festival




Last weekend Glenbrook Vintage Railway had a steam festival weekend with lots of steam powered and vintage machinery on display. DH being a steam buff was keen to go, and DS of course was delighted to get another opportunity to go on the train.

We arrived as it opened and I'm glad we did because it soon became packed with people. DS was too scared to ride on the steam powered carousel (much to my disappointment)! But he was more than happy to ride on the trailer behind the traction engine. His current favourite from the Thomas & Friends series is Trevor the traction engine.

As I sat on the train and fed DD, I reflected how funny it was that last time she was on the train she was inside me!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:55 pm

    Love the carousel horses. And I like that thought about DD :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day anyway, so special your thoughts about DD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your DS found something he liked though, and you were able to enjoy a family day out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:36 pm

    Wow, what a beautiful carosaul. If I'd known about it I may have come out there too. The kids love things like this!

    Funny how life keeps moving and the memories flood back. Special times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:13 pm

    Oh my DH was marching with the pipe band out there! I was suppose to go with him but I had a hangover! LOL

    love the photos

    ReplyDelete